First Delegate Report to Member States

« Older   Newer »
New Tarajan
view post Posted on 13/1/2013, 02:32

Greetings, honourable colleagues,
since New Tarajan was elected as Regional Delegate of the SECURS to the World Assembly, I have decided to release a periodical report about the activity of our Permanent Representation to the Assembly itself, in the name of transparency, since anyone has the right to know what he endorse, and in order to improve the foreign policty of any Member State, providing him a guide on the policies followed by the SECURS regarding the World Assemby.
The reports will be submitted usually any week-end.

For these days, our Representation has been active in the following areas:

- Supporting (but recently retreating, after a better analysis of the situation) the proposed repeal of GA Resolution #141"Permit Male Circumcision" (link to the debate: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.ph...e22ad78d18218ff);

- Approving the GA Resolution "Renewable Energy Installations";

- Approving three proposals of resolution:

1) First Responder Protection Act
2) Protecting the Innocent
3) Chemical Weapons Convention

- Voting against the SC Resolution #107 "Condemning Hippostania" (http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_r...cil=2/start=106);

This is all, for this week.
We sincerely hope to have done our bests.
Thank you.

LordShadow003
view post Posted on 13/1/2013, 21:24

Oh its a very good initiative. It's important for the members of SECURS know what the Delegate do.
But Antanares is curious to know how the GA Resolution "Renewable Energy Installations" works.
We Wait for a rapid response.

New Tarajan
view post Posted on 18/1/2013, 00:58

Here's the text of the resolution:

CITAZIONE
Description: Recognizing the issues posed by fossil fuels as an energy source, the threat of a catastrophic failure of nuclear power and the need to have a sustainable power source which is cost effective, clean and sustainable.

Further recognizing the boost to economies, industries and employment that the undertaking of renewable energy projects would provide in both the short and long term.

Aiming to avert international power and fuel crisis by ensuring nations have access to self sustaining power applications within their borders, and to ensure any and all businesses which make environmental impacts to utilize natural resources for power requirements.

Clarifying for the purpose of the act Renewable energy installations (henceforth noted as R.E.I's) as facilities which will generate power derived from naturally occurring resources that will have the least impact and damage on the environment through their operation.

Encouraging Nations who have the provisions to do so, to build as many forms of R.E.I's as practical in order to ensure maximum potential for consistent environmental energy supply to the grid,

Hereby mandates;

(i) Nations who do not already possess R.E.I's to identify key areas where the placement of facilities would cause the least environmental disturbance.

(ii) Having identified suitable sites within their borders, nations without renewable energy installations must build R.E.I.s at the designated sites, provided the nation is in an economically viable position to do so.

(iii) Nations to establish a taskforce or government body tasked with monitoring and maintaining these facilities to ensure both their safety and their steady output of energy.

(iv) Nations to provide it's citizens with information regarding these energy sources and to provide users the option to switch energy providers should they wish, without penalty.

(v) Irrespective of governmental control or privatization of these facilities, this energy is to be provided at a minimal cost to the recipient to prevent monopolization of resources by Non-Renewable energy providers.

(vi) Subject to section (v) nations are to require businesses which make negative environmental impact either directly by nature of their business or indirectly through supply or receipt of their goods to undertake a commitment to utilizing renewable energy within their business while encouraging them to ultimately reach a target of total reliance on renewable energy.

Further encourages nations who are capable of constructing and producing a surplus of renewable energy not only to do so, but to effect through sale, trade or the spirit of goodwill the supply of renewable energy or it's technology to nations unable to do so without assistance

2 replies since 13/1/2013, 02:32   7 views